Tuesday, November 26, 2013

What is your most interesting class and why?

My most interesting class is called Communication and Social Skills. Sounds like a public speaking course doesn’t it? It is actually a course on how to counsel children. The professor is a man who has worked with children with attachment disorders for many years. I find this course to be extremely interesting because he actually shows the class how he counsels. Also, we have groups that stay after class in order to learn group counseling skills. I really enjoy this because this is not how we are taught counseling skills at Carlow University. Instead, we are learning hands on skills, which I truly enjoy.

Where is your favorite place to study and why?

My favorite place to study is still my room. However, the house can get a bit loud. There are also coffee shops near by that are actually quite peaceful. Unlike Starbucks, people do not chat as loudly at the cafes and coffee shops. There are also places all over campus to study like the library and common rooms. The quietest place to study is the common room on the first floor. Students do not live down there so I get a chance to concentrate on my essays.

No comments:

Post a Comment