Monday, October 14, 2013

Transportation

Since I am currently living in Lennon House (the dormitory on campus) my walk to class is literally two minutes long. However, I do have a class that is on the very top of a huge staircase so I tend to leave a few minutes earlier on those days. Unlike my home institution, classes at Carlow College start a little after the hour and end right at the hour. This makes getting to class a little more stressful for me because I have some classes right after each other. It is not like this for the Irish students because their class schedules are not put back to back like international students.

Mt Leinster in Wexford Ireland



Getting around Ireland is extremely simple, or at least I’ve heard it to be…

I will be the first one to admit that I have no idea how to read a bus schedule. However, when you’re with someone who knows how to read a schedule, getting around is extremely easy. Buses in Ireland are not like the buses in Pittsburgh where you hop on and off to get to a certain destination. Instead, there are buses that head to one point but have stops along the way. Just like a Greyhound bus. These buses are nicer and some actually have wifi. The buses run from very early in the morning until very late at night so if you miss one, you just have to wait a half hour in order to catch the next one. Its also cheaper to buy a round trip ticket with your student ID. Cost changes from company to company but its a pretty good price for how far they take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment